Curtin Student Guild allocates money in the form of Conference Grants to enable Doctoral (PhD) students to attend academic conferences that will have a significant benefit to their research projects.
To apply for the Conference Grant, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- You must be currently enrolled in a PhD (or equivalent) course at Curtin University.
- You must be presenting at an academic conference.
- The dates of your conference must be up to 3 months prior or 3 months after the submission of your Conference Grant application.
- You must have received a Conference Support Approval notification from the Graduate Research School.
Students can apply for a maximum of $500.
Please note that priority is given to students who have not attended conferences as a HDR student previously and those who have exhausted the majority of their Consumables allowance.
Priority is additionally given to students who are the main presenter of their paper/presentation/poster at the conference.
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENCING APPLICATION
As part of your application, students are required to submit the following:
- A copy of your enrolment advice.
- A copy of your Conference Support Approval notification from the Graduate Research School.
- Copies of your Conference Support Approval notification for any previous conferences you have attended during your candidature as a HDR student (if applicable).
- The current balance of your HDR Consumables allowance. This can be found by accessing your Concur account.
- A 500-word written explanation of why you are applying for the grant and its significance to your research.
The Conference Grant will remain open for applications as long as funds are available.